Spirometry is essential for good evidence based diagnosis, management and monitoring of asthma and COPD. Spirometry can be used to help when you are trying to engage patients into taking relevant medications and really get a picture on how well or unwell they are.
Title: How-to of Spirometry
About: All about making spirometry easy to understand and useful to your presenters.
Date: Wed 15 April 2015 @ 7:30pm AEST
- Ever wanted to feel confident that the spirometry you have just done meets the required standards?
- What are the standards?
- And what about interpreting it?
- Is this asthma or COPD?
- Restriction or obstruction and what does that mean?
Respiratory Clinical Nurse Consultant, Samantha May, makes spirometry easy providing tips on interpreting results.
Have the experts come to you while meeting other primary care nurses from around Australia. Just like a real event – real time, real people – except online at your place.
All you need is a computer and internet connection.
Login instructions are sent to you via email after registration.
- How to take a spirometry that meets the standards
- How to use a template to interpret the results
- Discuss ways of using spirometry to monitor and guide patient care.
$35/session or $90/series of 3 events
Group discounts for practice parties with 4+ participants.
Presenter: Samantha May
Samantha May has been a Registered Nurse for 28 years. An operating theatre nurse before moving to England where she found a passion for more hands on nursing and retrained as a Practice Nurse. She became registered as a Specialist Practitioner after completing a Honours Degree in Community Nursing, with a specialist interest in the Management of Chronic Respiratory Diseases. Since returning to Australia, Samantha has been working as a Respiratory Clinical Nurse Consultant at the Gold Coast University Hospital and recently completed her Nurse Practitioner training.
Samantha is new to the Enliven team.
Choose your preferred option:
- Join 1 event
- Mix & match a series of 3 events
- Subscribe to all (listen to recordings you cannot attend)
Group Discounts available.